Thursday, February 09, 2006

Belong / October Language/ Rating: 8.0

Four lucid paragraphs celebrating "shimmery wet electric sound" is something I can’t give you, luckily Nick Sylevestor can.

My ears favor subsonic doom rumbles over static, hiss, sirens, and scrape so depending on your frequency preference a PFM 8 rating may not be music to your ears.

Below are my notes from listening to October Language divided track by track.

1.
M83
ice skates on ice
rechargeable shaver
electric storm passing
2.
music gear I can’t afford
a coins into cash machine
band saw
the “M” sound as it vibrates the mouth
beach metal detector
3.
riding with the car windows down
a guitar creeping closer
advanced decay
sun spots
4.
a fear of the dark
a land of no beats
interference on the line
5.
an underwater cave’s curious echo
every light on in a house
muffled joy
6.
Mego meets Kranky
crying saucer attack
Note to self: clean tape heads
7.
my ears are over taxed
UFO landing in my head
ouch
8.
static smoke bomb
too dense to think
wait for smoke to clear
can breathe again.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhwaaaaaa.




I miss my mom. She would have been 63 today.