Friday, February 24, 2006

Record Store file no. 988

My friend Drew who works at a local record store called Plan 9 was kind enough to allow me to share this better than awesome story.

If all goes well I hope to post other tales from the world of music retail so if you have one, please email us!

__________________________________________________________

Older black lady selling VHS with this very sketchy dude with her:

Her: (((after staring for a few seconds))) WOW! I LOVE your hair.
Me: Thanks!
Her: No! I really love it. It's so nice. REAL nice.

(((my manager is looking at her stuff - I'm pricing records)))

She sits on the floor in front of the counter.

Her: What's your name? Michael?
Me: No. Drew. (please note Michale is the name of her sketchy friend)
Her: Ohhhh. Drew - your hair is sexy. I'm serious - don't ever cut it.
Me: Thanks - don't worry - I'm not planning on it.
Sketchy dude: Mumbles something I can't here - ends with shut up.
Her: (((whispering loudly))) HEY! PSST! DREW!
Me: Umm. Yeah.
Her: If you ever want someone to dance with CALL ME!
Sketchy dude: (((mumbling))) something that ends with FOR REAL!
Her: You ain't my boyfriend! Shooooooot.

In her bag underneath all of the videos is a vibrator. So glad I didn't look through her videos.

Just another day at the record store.

All of this is true - believe me, I don't have the time to make this up.