Friday, May 05, 2006

Spank Rock / Yoyoyoyo / Rating : 6.5

Dear Sean of Pitchfork,

Damn you for being clever enough to include all the things I would have said about this review right at the front of your review. But I'm a bit confused... as far as I can tell you really dig the record, but you won't just let the good times take over (what was that about freeing a mind so the ass could follow...). I mean hell I don't even take exception to the majority of this review because you say lots of great things about the record but stumble at the point where ass & pussy get in the mix. But c'mon. None of the lyrics are hateful. We're not talking about The Mentors here, we're talking about a party... man just party. Overthinking Spank Rock is like overthinking Blowfly or something (okay maybe not that much, but you see what I'm saying). I mean hell Le Tigre are fans... just go with it, it's okay the ladies will still be cool with your choices. You don't need to hide it and put your Liz Phair CD up front when the girls are over.

Also I would like to point out that the site your repping is part of the what makes Diplo "suspiciously prominent", and as to your doubts as to whether Spank Rock have ever been to Texas... ummm yeah they have...and if memory serves me correctly...playing at a Pitchfork showcase...

In closing... damnit I love this record. I say 10 ratings all around for the record and their live show. Now excuse me while I tap an ass...